About Lawrence J. Gordon
Attorney at Law, Missouri, Minnesota, Japan 1978 – Present
Lawrence Gordon is an American attorney and counselor at law representing individuals and both private and publically held corporations. Practice areas include energy law, international law, taxation and real estate related matters. He resides in Akita, Japan where is an adjunct professor of law and economics at North Asia University and is available to help Americans living in or traveling to Japan and Japanese having business in the United States.
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, Juris Doctor, 1978
- University of Missouri, Columbia, Missouri, Bachelor of Arts cum laude, 1975
Admitted to practice law in Minnesota and Missouri
- Member: The Missouri Bar (1978)
- Member: The Minnesota Bar (2007)
- Member: The Japan Law Society (2012) Note: Not licensed as a foreign lawyer in Japan.
- Mastering Real Estate Titles & Title Insurance in Missouri, April 1995, National Business Institute, Altoona, Wisconsin
- Advanced Principles of Title Insurance in Missouri, August 1996, National Business Institute, Altoona, Wisconsin
- Missouri Real Estate Title Law: Problems & Solutions, August 1997 and August 1998, National Business Institute, Altoona, Wisconsin
- Missouri Foreclosure & Related Bankruptcy & Title Issues, October 1999, National Business Institute, Altoona, Wisconsin
- Fundamentals of 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges, September 2002, American School of Real Estate, St. Louis, Missouri
“The ABCs of Section 1031 Tax Deferred Exchanges”, Copyright (c) 2002 Capital Exchange Company, Inc.